Tuesday 19 February 2013

Day 38 - Flip Flop beach



Apart from seeing a fight between a rickshaw driver and a tour guide while I supped on a banana yoghurt shake it was an uneventful day. I did have the best Biryani I have ever had (sorry Syed's missus). I ate it at a road side cafe, where the man serving me literally had feet that faced each other. Look down, point the toes on each of your feet at each other and move your heels so that they are as far apart as possible (with your toes touching), that is what they looked like. If that wasn't enough to make the restaurant memorable there was a dead rat on the other side of the road, being eaten by crows. I would have taken a picture but I thought it was a little offensive for old "hobble-de-hoy", oh, and I didn't take a picture of the rat either.
I did venture down the coast / beach to a point where it said "defence, no trespassing" I was about to take a picture of the coastline beyond the sign when a loud speaker shouted " NO PICTURES!!" A millisecond longer and I'd have had a nice sunset snap. A bunch of locals laughed at me and I started walking back down the beach.

One thing I have noticed scattered all over the beaches, shoes. In a 100m stretch there must be about 100 pairs of foam flip-flops, I think that if they made flip-flops biodegradable, the beaches wouldn't be as honking as they are. As I wandered back I passed a few art exhibits, there is an art college in the area, so there is loads of faces painted on walls etc. It's like nice graffiti.

Walking through a park my phone beeped to let me know that it had picked up a familiar WiFi spot so I stopped and checked various messages, my Blog stats (up to 1700 hits!) and while I was there some lads asked if I could be in their pictures, so, like a smirking goon I had my picture taken with a bunch of 16 year old lads, and they had pictures of a 'white island monkey'. They all wandered off happy with the part of my soul they had stolen with their camera, and I started taking some arty pictures, trying out some new settings and buttons and making it look like I have a clue what I'm doing. I really  don't.

In the evening I try to go and see some traditional dancy thing, but the dance hall appeared to be closed or there wasn't anything going on. Dance is pretty gay anyway. I was only going to go because I thought it might make my blog appeal to a wider audience, oh well.
A painted log pathetic really.

An attempt at some 3D art crevasse thing

Central Park

A fallen tree

A couple talking about 'us' as a honking great dredger passes by, this is the stuff Romeo and Juliet was written about

1 comment:

  1. kerala's largest matrimonial site.<a href="http://www.a2zkeralawedding.com>Free marriage site</a>

    ReplyDelete