Friday 15 February 2013

Day 34 - Goa

I appear to have gone to the wrong part of Goa...
I have arrived in a crap hole. No backpackers everyone is over 45 and from Bolton or Yorkshire. Might have to reassess my pre Kerala plans at this rate. I have a beer, the first one that didn't make me want to die in ages. I find a room that isn't utter awful, it is in a place called Popeys and head out for food. There is a concert on the beach loads of locals jumping up and down to Now 31 with the odd interruption from an overly enthusiastic lady egging on the crowds, "Are you having a fantastic time ladies and gentlemen?!" A couple of people let out a cheer. Loads of flies, mozzies and flying ants !! They are following me from the UK. I find somewhere to eat and they sell King Fish, something I used to love to eat when I lived in Oman so I tuck in to it.... with a Bloody Mary. No point letting the gall bladder take over my life is there! 
After food I want to go out and find other travellers but I'm shattered. The bed I'm sleeping on may as well be a sheet of steel it is so hard. I spend about 8 hours getting comfortable and having odd dreams. Goa isn't the place I was hoping it would be. Mind you im pretty sure I'm in the old age pensioners end of the area. Mind you if I was surrounded by partygoers I'd probably be having early nights and avoiding getting drunk anyway.
A happy family on a moped.

No comments:

Post a Comment