Monday 11 February 2013

Day 30 - Back to Ahmedabad medical intervention !


It was an early start for Sameep, I it took gritted teeth simply toget out of bed and stand up, I managed a shower, by leaning against the walls of the bathroom with my head, but I had clearly got even worse, my stoop was worse and there was no position comfortable any more. I had managed a broken hours sleep throughout the night I was shattered and a shotgun to the head was looking like a good option at the moment. Sameep repeated his suggestion of leaving with him and heading back to Ahmedabad, I agreed, the pain was getting unbearable and the lack of sleep was getting right on my tits!
I drank as much water as I could fit in without the barbed wire kicking in and before long I found myself on the back of a Rickshaw heading to where we were being picked up. This Rickshaw felt like the driver was testing out his new sports suspension by hitting every pothole on the way, every twists turn, jolt and breath was a kick in the side, it was only 15 minutes.
The beautiful streets of Udaipur. Great when you aren't in need of medical evacuation.

Some fighting parrots having a 'squark-off' out side the room in the morning. As you do.

 The 3 hour car journey was going to be more comfortable, then there would be some light at the end of the tunnel. The thing about Sameeps family is they are all Doctors. His Mother, Father, Sister and even his cousin in law is a Physiotherapist. They are all in the palace when I get back, I couldn't be in a better place. The drive was comfortable, and we stopped for lunch I didn't eat anything, however despite the pain couldn't help trying something that came highly recommended,  it was a boiled egg, that had been deep fried with some various spices and herbs sprinkled on the top. When I feel better and am in the area I'm going to smash a load of them.

On arrival at the palace, Sameep's dad told me to go lie down up stairs and he'd be up to take a look at me. I managed to get comfortable after about 5 minutes just as he got up and asked me to move... I lay where he asked on my back and couldn't breath, he started prodding my abdomen and the pain caused me to breath in which caused more pain. He diagnosed a possible ulcer as my abs were 'guarding', tensing when he pressed, in certain areas. He said proper tests needed to be done and within 20 minutes I was off to the docs. I joined a queue of ill people, jumped it and went straight in for more prodding and I was given a jab for the pain, some anti acid stuff to cover the possibility of an ulcer and told I'd need a blood test and ultrasound. Being such a big and manly man I love needles so as soon as my arse cheek was jabbed I felt the buzzing in my head and went all light headed, but I put on a brave face, the barbed wire was still priority one. The whole consultation, jab, and medication cost about £5. We headed home as the blood test guy would come meet me there, and the Ultrasound would have to be done in the morning. By the time I had got the lift down from the doctors consultation room I could stand up straight, the pain was still there, but I had started to chirp up too. I was being cheeky and started making jokes ! Old Miles was returning. That night I slept SOOO well, I hadn't slept properly for 4 days and I hadn't eaten since 'The Sandwich'. I still couldn't eat, not that I wanted to, and everytime that I thought of 'that sandwich' my guts did a flip.

Oddly enough I wasn't taking snaps this day, so here is some random shots that I didn't put in other posts.
A view of the Lake Palace from the City Palace. They really were inventive with the names back then.

Me in the City Palace trying to put on a brave face. What a little trooper.

1 comment:

  1. Miles: "Hey Sameep, what was the name of that palace, you know the one on the lake?"

    Sameep: "uh, the Lake Palace. It's like a palace..."

    Miles: "yeah...."

    Sameep: "...on the lake..."

    Miles: "...go on..."

    Sameep; "so it's called the Lake Palace..."

    Miles: "..oh right"

    ReplyDelete