Monday 11 February 2013

Day 26 - Nadiad day two

Most of the day has been spent writing and uploading the blog, dispatching mozzies and eating. It feels like the moment you finish eating the next meal is being prepared. I haven kept count but I'm sure I'm up to 5 meals a day the food is so good that I can't turn any of it down. Most of the food has spice, not Vindaloo spice, but cumin and a variety of other flavour spices. There is a buttermilk drink that has cumin in it, it sounds honking but it is really quite nice. I have found that when I ask what a food is I'll get a name, followed by the ingredients, followed by its medical benefits. Dal is a soupy dish with chickpeas cumin buttermilk and various other spices, it is full of protein, settles your stomach and cures AIDS. I smash it whenever it on the table, due to its flavour of course. In the evening we had a tour of some temples and I went round stealing people's souls with my Canon, interrupting their meditation with the manly old school shutter sound that only a Canon makes. The following day we were to head back to Ahmedabad, the Palace and all the modern conveniences that the place has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment