Tuesday 19 February 2013

Day 37 - Kerala Day one

I'm in the area of Kerala, more accurately, I'm in an area called Cochin Fort, the end of a peninsula, that seems a bit of a hotspot for backpackers and old school hippies taking time out from their FTSE 500 companies to 'find themselves'. In fairness they are all pretty good fun, but not the types to share a 'spacial shake' with. I have been hunting for a beach shack for a few hours and I think I have found the area that I need to be in. Laura is a teacher from the UK, she has a week off from teaching 8 year old cockneys and striking over pension reforms so will be joining me for a week, she has travelled the world over about 100 times and will probably let me know how I should be going around the country, I'm looking forward to her insights and advice, she will arrive at 6 am tomorrow morning, so I'll have to sit down with her and see what she would like to do, if she has a preference of backwater tour for a couple of days, or a beach lounge about.

I'd like to do some swimming, and, if possible turn this nice shade of red into something resembling a tan.But apart from that I don't really mind, I'm paying less than the cost of a bottle of coke for a meal, and I'm getting a room in a hotel for less than the cost of a meal back home. I think I'm saving money being here !

I had a lazy day and didn't take any pictures but promised myself I'd go Canon mad tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment