Monday 11 February 2013

Day 27 - Back to Ahmedabad

Today there wasn't really anything for me to do, Sameep and I were going to Udiapur tomorrow, however as there was little to do Sameep was going to use the day positively, and would go round some of the six form colleges / unis / schools and promote his website ( I would love to put something rude here for comic effect but there is too many of my adopted family members around me and I'd get in trouble... as soon as I'm out of arms reach I'll get a little more resqué) www.StudentWorldOnline.com, it is a website for students to learn about studying abroad, and for Universities to pitch themselves on a site against all others on the planet. We had three possible places to visit, the first place appeared to be in the middle of nowhere, down a bit of a lane, but the Principle was friendly and really interested in what Sameep was offering the kids (a free place to get info), the only problem was that there was only 6 of them and they had all made their decisions and knew where they were being educated. Not exactly the gold seam we had hoped. Needless to say it was a good place for Sameep to polish off his banter and turn on the charm. He loves it.

The next place was called Cambridge something or other, we went in to reception and was told to meet some lady, she thought of herself as the big cheese but when we asked her to make decisions it turned out she was just a mini babybell. She said the head of the year would be more of a Gorgonzola and might be more of the cheese level we required to get some results. We sat down with this one... whiter teeth and a bigger office... here we go....Sameep repeated the last 20 minutes and she advised us she was a Craft Cheese Slice, she said we needed the CEO. The 20 year old Stilton of the place, the big cheese. After a length of time that said "I'm busy make it quick" we were sent into the CEO's office, she looked 8. Sameep repeated the routine, by now I was picking up bits of it and was giving my two pence worth when there was a silent moment. She asked a few good questions and we were shoe horned out of the office. Leads but nothing solid, ideally we'd get to speak to the students, and get them to see the site, recommend it to friends etc...nope

Last place on the list was massive, we gained entry and was ushered upstairs by the pencil neck pretending to be security, his two mangy dogs weren't going to put up a fight if you wanted to start a Columbine either. In the office what can only be described as a Warlrus greeted us with the most dismissive hello ever. Sameep started the routine and she just said "can you email us your proposal," I think it is Whale for go away. Sameep and I left, I guess he'll email her at info@fattyboomboom.com later when we get home.
I started suggesting that maybe bribing a student to steal their classmates email addresses them spam the rest of the year for say £10 might work, extra £5 for doing another school, it is the Barry (the place) in me that makes me think the way I do.
In the evening we went out and grabbed the spicy sandwich that they had all been banging on about since I arrived and realised that their idea of spicy wasn't much hotter than a Saag Aloo. I was hoping it wasn't too spicy and I'd look like a fanny.
We got home and as the sandwich wasn't much larger than a toasty we ordered a McDonalds to be delivered, I ordered two veg burgers and a coke. The sandwich was a piece of cake (Miles 1 : Spice 0), not even Jalfrezi level, I smashed the McDonalds and after going to sleep for 3 hours was awake puking my ring up with terrible stomach ache. (Miles -1 : Spice 100).
In the morning my stomach was still aching but it was better, I only threw up once. So I thought I was on the mend...Nope.

No comments:

Post a Comment