Friday 15 February 2013

Day 35 - Goa bit pants really.

I woke up at the crack of midday and felt like I could have slept a further few hours, a subtle reminder that I'm not quite over the infection yet, that, and the ever so slight dull ache that I feel when I try to take a deep breath.
After lounging about and watching an episode of the Inbetweeners I decided to get lunch after a walk along the beach. Ahhhhh here is all the travellers! Every 15 steps I was asked if I want Weed or MDMA, I didnt think I looked the drug taking type but it appears I am a stereotypical nutter. I stop at a beach hut and get some lunch, it is so good. I have a mountain of low fat low spice stuffed poppadoms. Tasty. Probably not low fat though. After that I wander to another shack and lie under the brolly and have a crafty beer and a bottle of water. I know I sound like a tart but I'm still recuperating.  After two hours of lying in the shade jumping in the sea and sipping beer/water I think to myself....sun block? Too late. I head home looking like a lobster which was painted a curious new shade of red called "christ you're burnt." That should take my mind off of my gall bladder.

I have a burnt and restless siesta that turns into a sleep and I wake up at midnight  after having dreams of being water boarded at Guantanamo bay. It's just the bed, it makes you think you are being punished for something. I quickly check the room, murderise all the mosquitos, then fall back into a deep sleep.
The sunset down the street.

A bull wandering about the beach... as you do.

India is a beautiful place, but this is its biggest problem, rubbish everywhere. Everyone throws rubbish without a thought.


No comments:

Post a Comment