Friday 1 February 2013

Day 17 - Lickity Splits

Well it appears that whatever I ate before during or after the fight disagreed with my stomach and it appears that, combined with my cold I will be spending the day in bed or on the crapper. The good thing is that toilet paper may as well be made from Pander hair here, it is as rare as rocking horse poo.... now bare with me, that sounds like a bad thing, however every toilet comes with a pressure washer like shower hose / head mounted on the wall . You use this to fire a blast of supersonic ice cold water on your honking 'nipsy'. If you are currently faced with the ability to crap through a sponge, then you will know how much like a brillo pad toilet paper can feel after your 8-9th wipe. A quick pressure wash of the 'rusty sherrif's' badge is not only cleaner than smothering your back end with paper but it is more comfortable, a blow dryer would be the ideal way to finish off the experience, but not all luxuries are available.
After about 8-9 times, I decided to ignore peoples warnings that Immodium just keeps the bad bacteria in your body, and therefore isn't the ideal way to deal with a stomach problem. I thought I could spend all day running from one 3rd world Karzi to another or I can actually have an alright day and just have an early night. I was in no fit state to go to the Jungle Party that was taking place later that evening. Rob and Amy were well up for it, but with the cold I had been fighting, the squits and the general crappyness I was feeling, I couldn't bare to do anything. I spent the day round the pool / toilet  / hostel, and in the evening I made the decision to stay in regardless of what my right hand man Sameep was doing, luckily he couldn't face an evening out either. There is nothing worse than a night in when someone else goes out, Sameep is one of those people that always comes back with a story, an adventure, something that makes you wished you threw your dialysis machine to one side, threw caution to the wind, roared into three buckets and two shakes before dancing the quick step into a mosquito bitten loo for a few hours.
I watched the Expendibles 2 and wished I was too ill to operate my laptop.

I got sent a picture of me smoking a shisha pipe from another traveller that I had met...I'll attach that rather than show you what a typical 'movement' looked like.

A flair for the dramatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment