Saturday 12 January 2013

Day 1 - Bangkok

Spent most of the day sleeping but met my room mates as they sneaked into the room with the grace of a one man band. In the evening after a couple of hours sleep I went and had a bite to eat not knowing what the local currency equated to I expected to pay over the odds. I was right. It appears Dick Turpin was running the place and after an hour, three beers and a meal fit for a king the cheeky bastards fleeced me out of £4. Only mid way through the meal did I spot the "danger of poisoning " sign, the explosives warning and oh and the opening times were printed above. Handy.
On returning to the room I decided to have an early night to recuperate from the days travelling. My new room mates however invited me out for a beer and being technically Welsh I am genetically unable to turn down a beer or the chance to make myself the centre of attention. After 4 pints and discussions ranging from Chinese character formation to beating up paedophiles we rocked back to the hostel with a bottle of local beer bought from a curbside karaoke bar that was still going strong at 1am with a toothless homeless looking guy banging out the Thai version of "I should be so lucky" in F sharp.

Just noticed how the explosion sign looks like a happy dude with mad hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment