Tuesday 15 January 2013

Day 7 - Phuket

Day 7

Rough as a badgers arse again... it appears that the 8-9th pint is dodgy and leaves you feeling like crap in the mornings. It's an odd one, I might have to start drinking shots or try out the local rum.
The flight was booked for 7:30pm so we had a few hours to burn. We went to some traveller friends pool and swam the back doors off of it., it is the first time I have been in the water since being here so I was all over it porpoising doing dolphin impressions and seeing how long I could hold my breath.... I know I'm childish. I caught the sun, and appear to have recovered from my hangover.

The flight was uneventful. Legroom suitable for a amputee, usual stuff.

PHUKET !!!!!!!! (pronounced fuckit)

As soon as we arrived we left, straight to Patong, named after the noise a ping ball makes as it is ejected by the local ladies. The bus ride is about 45 minutes and I chatted to an interesting Canadian, she is living in Montreal studying Political Science, has travelled all over the world and is going to New Zealand for a year. Oh and she sailed the Atlantic last year...as you do.
Patong is basically a giant red light district. It seems a little seedier than Bangkok lots of attractive ladies standing about smiling... they seem really friendly. We found a hotel with all the things we need... Aircon, shower and somewhere we can store our valuables... a safe that isn't nailed to anything, and in fact weighs about 2kg. If anything it would help when stealing my shit, as you know it's all in one place. Some people make two short planks seem like a computer. After writing to this far we headed out .... Jesus titty fucking christ....check out the pictures. The place made Bangkok look like a Saga holiday. No self respecting man over 40 is seen without a Thai woman hanging off his arm. As you walk from bar to bar you are groped propositioned and winked at. Every bar has a woman dancing on a pole. Obviously I hate it as it is demeaning. Ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment