Friday 25 January 2013

Day 12 - Koh Tao or bust.

In true Mileage / Sweet style, we left the planning of our journey to Koh Tao to the last minute and after a day in the sun, a couple of crafty beers, we went to the travel agent carrying our lives on our backs and asked if we could travel the 300km + to Koh Tao . Turns out that there is a ferry / bus / overnight ferry running that night. Yet again we land on our feet.
I pop into the chemist purchase some Valium to help me sleep on the boat. The journey's are pretty uneventful, as you'd expect when you are drugged up like a Bangkok tiger. As we waited for the second ferry to depart we went for an Italian, great food and the lady that served us ( I think his name was Roger) was very friendly. We had the best meals of our stay so far, I pointed this fact out to Roger and he giggled like a little builder and joked that she cooked it with his own hands... we left, gagging. The crossing was pretty bad, but I only have vague memories of being on the boat, laying on the rubber mattresses and dribbling on the 'pillow'. I couldn't help thinking when I woke up, how many other dribbling drugged up people had slept in this very spot. The ferry took two hours longer than it was supposed to, not that it made any difference, I just dribbled some more and as the boats engines tone started to lower I woke up unsticking my face from the innertube like pillow and as fresh as a dog turd went to get a sophisticated breakfast on Koh Tao.

No comments:

Post a Comment