Wednesday 30 January 2013

Day 15 - Tripping Balls

We woke up and the only other bed that is occupied in the 12 bed dorm is empty, the guys clothes are there but no sign of him. We mentioned this to Sabina, and we all came to the same conclusion, he pulled. Or is dead. Sameep and I headed off for some breakfast, I went straight in for the Thai food, Sameep had some nuts and lentels or something that vegetarians eat and we made a decision to hit the beach.
I had my swimming shorts on and the sight of those waves had been on my mind all night, I couldn't wait to jump about in them. Before that we had one thing to do, have a shake each. At the far end of the beach is the Kangaroo bar, a large balcony with mats on the floor and fans. Nobody up there is, well, all there, it is the place peoples sanity goes to rest. It is also the place to get a Spacial shake. We wandered in and met some Irish lads all in the same boat as me, pasty white and starting on their first shake, we knocked back the ice cold minced gravel in a cup and before long the call of the water was too much. I headed down and started porpoising through the waves with the grace of a Dolphin caught in a tuna line. After what seemed like half an hour of jumping about it became apparent that the euphoria of being tumbled about in the waves wasn't just because I hadn't done it for years. I popped my head up out of the surf and noticed something... the contrast had been turned up, everything green was, too green, every colour looked like your grandad had been at your TV settings... cool.

I spotted Sameep coming back from an attempt to get a ball or frisbee to throw about, as frolicking in the sea appears weird unless there is a bat or a ball involved. He was empty handed so I porpoised over to the shore to find out what his adventure had turned out to be. "Dude, I got lost, and I'm tripping balls." Let me draw a street map of the area ______|_____, one road with a T junction. Sameep isn't exactly Christopher Columbus, but even he should be able to navigate that. We sat on the sand and he explained what was going on, for him "Everything is bending, its trippy, but good," I had no idea what he was talking about. He said " look at this shell on the sand," I did, and sure enough within seconds, it looked like there was a crab or something pushing the sand slightly from below, it wasn't much movement for me, but for Sameep it was all over the place. We sat and chilled for a bit and before long a board meeting had convened, and we had decided head back, get some more food then attack the Kangaroo bar again later.

Back at the hostel, our room mate was there, we asked him how his night went and it appears we have the king of the party scene with us. After arriving from the UK, he was shattered and decided that rather than just go to sleep he'd have a crafty beer and reccy the area. A beer turned into a bucket and that was the last thing he remembers before waking up on Ko Samui, a neighbouring island. And by neighbouring I mean an hour on a boat. Aparently he woke up next to a fully dressed Whale, she pointed him in the direction of the pier and with no money and his new room key lost to Davy Jones' locker he begged for the money to get himself home. A friendly American lad hooked him up and after a ride back to the pier, then a taxi back to the hostel he was back. Mad bastard. He was tucked up in bed trying to work out what had happened when we popped our heads into the dorm to change out of our wet clothes.

We all went for dinner and with the extra vote from our new board member, we returned to the Kangaroo bar. The Irish lads were still there, in the same place, burnt and looking like 50 shades of shit. I have never seen lads look so rough but still have beaming smiles on their faces.

I roared into another shake, Sameep smashed the back doors off of his and our new friend Lewis hoovered his up. Before you could say 'Compus' we were all laughing our heads off and staring at the lights on the now dark beach. I ran onto the sand to draw a 25ft 'knob' all the time giggling like a little girl. I ran back up to take a picture of my amazing artwork and Lewis past me on the steps, he was going to pose on the end of it... I took the pic with tears of laughter running down my face, but apparently you need light for cameras to work, so take my word for it, it wasn't funny. You'd need two shakes and a couple of beers to really appreciate the artwork. The rest of the night was blurry, but my abs were killing me in the morning, I had been laughing till my stomach ached for hours. Top night. We headed to our beds and at some point I got split up from the guys, but Sameep wasn't far behind, however our mad friend Lewis was missing... again.

This is what I look like after a 'special shake'...
Dad would be so proud.

Irish lad number one asleep but conversing with people like he knows what's going on.

Sameep looking content with life / the railing in front of him

Irish lad number 2 unable to stop smiling.

Irish lad number 3, throwing some gang signs.


No comments:

Post a Comment