Friday 25 January 2013

Day 10 - Phi Phi and we have a HUT !

Phi Phi was totally destroyed after the Tsunami, and they haven't done a great job rebuilding since then, the man draw of the place was the white sandy beaches and the crystal blue water, there is sewage floating in it and people have been littering, I thought I had got a boat back to Barry Island till I realised there was no shopping trolleys on the beach. The place is overrun by cats, which is a good thing, they keep the rats away from the rubbish bags. The friendliest barman in the world pointed out that they help keep the snakes away...great, he said "keeps them away" but I heard "there is snakes", he told me this as I was shoulder deep in the water of the murkey pool that butted up to the bar that he was working at, a couple of beers later and Sameep and I were sipping on a bucket of alcohol, lovingly made by a street vendor for £3. They use locally made Vodka, and I'm sure you are aware Thailand isn't famed for its Vodka. We were fucked. We had a crafty Shisha pipe on the beach talked to Tony the buff Australian, then went back to the hut of love. We had a hammock on the porch so we talked shite, for a few more hours, we had an early night and dispite my farting and Sameeps snoring we were rearing to go the following morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment