Friday 8 March 2013

Day 51 - Coffee and chatting day

With no real plan in mind I said goodbye to Peruvian in the morning, and 'Frenchy' and I headed out for breakfast, we craved a 'good' coffee, and didn't get it with our breakfast so after eating and chatting for ages we headed somewhere else to get something a little more fancy. I'd happily have a cup of instant but 'Frenchy' is a little more cultured than me. I should point out that 'Frenchy' isn't actually French, he is Moroccan, he speaks about 5 languages, including Arabic, and while everyone is different, he is one of the most interesting people I have ever met.

He told me stories about travelling, couch surfing, work, dating, everything. They all had me in stitches. Half the time he didn't appear to be trying it was just his French chilled way. Once we had found a place to get another coffee, we sat down and had a fruit juice. It wasn't long before my request for a WiFi code got us both chatting to a woman next to us from Boulder, Colorado. She was travelling all around India and, like me, writing a blog ! See it here ! My misconceptions about the Americans were shattered as her passion for travelling became apparent, as well as her general passion for life, it was inspiring, and made me reflect on the journey that led me here. The three of us chatted for hours till the sun set and we began to head back to our respective hostels, this is where we met Nikki, and Albert, Malta's answer to The Chippendales. The two of them appeared to be touring around India teasing every gay guy they saw by being friendly and approachable, they aren't gay but they had story after story of gay people offering them cheap drinks, places to stay etc. I obviously teased them about this. Especially Albert.

They were drinking cocktails and as we walked past the restaurant we all got chatting and before long we were all sat on the beach drinking beers and talking till the beers ran dry and I started repeating jokes. We arranged to meet in the morning and 'do' breakfast.

Hilary chomping on something that requires inspection.

Albert showing his displeasure at something

Nikki (Wolverine) looking smooth, beli

What a random day. It appears that, while I may talk a lot, I think I have met my match, everyone had a story or three to share, it was great.

1 comment:

  1. T'was really nice to meet you all that day! :) If you come to the rock we live in feel free to contact us Miles,Hilary and Catherine.

    ReplyDelete